12 Questions you need to ask yourself before you start looking at homes.
When considering purchasing a home, you should always ask yourself 12 basic questions as honestly as you can. These 12 questions may seem simple but offer a great deal of insight after answering them to yourself and any real estate agent that you might be working with. These questions have been taken from the book "The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner" by David Bach. Within his book he goes over a great deal of information that will help in many ways with the home buying process. If you are interested in any of his other material, a link will be posted at the bottom of the page that leads directly to his website.
- Do I want a detached house, a townhouse, or a condo?
- Am I willing to work on the home-improvement projects after I buy?
- Do i have the skills and motivation to make smart improvements?
- do I have the time and cash it will take to make improvements?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do I want-- and how many do I really need?
- Do I want a garage?
- Do I want a yard or pool?
- Do I care about the school system?
- Do I plan to be in the home for a long time, or will this be a short term purchase?
- Am I willing to commute- and if so, how far?
- Do I need to have convenient access to public transportation?
- Am I looking at this home as a place to live or simply as an investment that will sell or rent as quickly as possible?
If you have considered these questions and have thought about the possibility of buying or selling your home, please feel free to give me a call.
To learn more about David Bach and his work please visit his website at https://www.finishrich.com/.