Overwhelmed by all your stuff? Tips to help you get started.
If you are planning on downsizing in the future, or would just like to give some items to charity to get rid of some of the clutter in your home this technique may be able to help you do it more efficiently.
We compiled a list of donation centers in the area that would be happy to take all of your unwanted items. These charities will be able to use your donated items and get them to those in need. If you have other items that need to be simply disposed of, we also listed both the recycling center as well as the nearest landfill if all else fails. In addition to this list we also have links to the IRS website so you can print out the proper forms for charitable donation tax deductions. If you need help understanding the process we also have included the instructions the IRS has on their website as well.
- Vietnam veterans of America – 800.459.8687
- Schedule pickups
- Clothes, shoes, baby items, house and glassware, toys, bikes, usable furniture
- Tax Receipts available
- Habitat for Humanity – 651.207.1700
- Call to see what you can donate to the Twin Cities HFH location at 1954 University Ave W, St. Paul, MN
- Free pickup for large items
- Goodwill – 952.934.1354
- Chanhassen location – 80 West 78th St, Chanhassen, MN
- Donate usable clothing, electronics and household items
- The Salvation Army
- Chaska Clean’n’Press dropoff 952.361.3424
- Clothing, Furniture, Cars, Household Goods
- Tax Deducible
- Donation Town
- Can show you several charity options in one website for pick ups
- Limited options but aggregates the findings for you
- Tax deductible
- Bridging – 952.888.1105 Bloomington office.
- Free drop offs but there is a fee for pickups
- Schedule a drop off during business hours
- Donation receipt available
- Must be usable and clean
- Mary’s Wish – 952.442.2268
- Pick up hours and days very. Call to schedule a pickup time
- Tax deductible
- Carver County Environmental Center
- Winter hours in effect, check website for available hours
- Takes many items at no charge and others for a small fee.
- Item restrictions are listed on website
- Dem-Con Landfill – 952.455.5755
- Website lists hours and acceptable items.
- Charges per item. Prices are listed on website.
Instructions for Form 8283 - Noncash Charitable Contributions
Form 8283 - Noncash Charitable Contributions
Determining the Value of Donated Property
Charitable Contributions Prep Guide
For more information about the Noncash Charitable Contributions Form and more follow the link below to be brought the the IRS webpage for Form 8283